Friday, May 1, 2009

RUBE



Lets get one thing straight right off the bat; These guys are not beginners. In all truth they should be ready for retirement but hang on, Adam Kravitz, John Bullen, Pat "oliver" Caine, and Ryan Kent are not quite finished. Bringing back a style is hard to do. You have to have three primary components to deliver an older style to a new audience, relevance, creativity, and originality. Rube delivers on all three fronts. I heard early recordings of this band and thought, " the riffs are great but the singer stinks". I could not have been more wrong! Ryan Kent delivers vocals like a sniper rifle from a clock tower with the door barricaded and thousands of would be victims down below running for their lives. The lyrical offsets create an atmosphere of discombobulated chaos while the drums and bass keep a bound for hell pace indicative of a Panzer division moving across an Austrian woodland about to perform a Blitzkreig. I know, the German war thing is played out but I really cant describe it any other way. I wanted to scream "stop Pummeling me" as I listened. This recording really puts a groove in your head. The rhythm section of Pat Caine (drums) and Big John Bullen (bass) is that strong. I seriously thought of Pantera when I heard the consistent barrage of drums and bass lines. Now, I have to admit I have been saving the guitars for last. I have always thought that Adam Kravitz was a great guitar player. But its been a while since I last heard him so I was interested to see what he would throw down next. I got my answer in the form of an angry, disturbing, tremor of pure metal gold, coupled with some pure rock fury. Adam You have done it again! The guitar tracks are just plain evil to say the least. I was doing my best to remain seated during this attack of Eyehategod meets, The Melvins, meets Electric Wizard, meets Death. This is a must have if you love Metal. Best of all these guys will soon be touring and we all might just get a chance at catching them live.. Buy Buy Buy!!! If you can//? Check out the site at Myspace and Facebook..http://www.myspace.com/ruberva

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I can't wait to get the album. The fellas deserve to be rock stars.15 years later!

    ReplyDelete